Volunteering at the Kids Care Primary School
You want to get involved socially and do something for others with your means, your talents and your energy?
Why not do it in another culture, with children and their caregivers who welcome you with all their heart?
With us you have the opportunity!
- Take an active part in the everyday life – school and free time – of our children
- Help our kids learn and give them confidence
- You only need to be able to speak English – but maybe you would like to learn their language from our kids?
- Play with the kids, implement your own ideas for their free time and help with handing out food or daily necessities
- Bring photos of local life, help our local staff with small administrative tasks and most importantly
- have a great time that helps you and our project grow!
- You will be picked up at the airport and brought to your accommodation
- You will of course get assistance with everything you need on site
- You will not be available 24/7 via internet, but the network coverage is good enough to keep in contact with home
- Together with the local team you will discuss which tasks you will take on; you will also always exchange information with them or contact us in Germany if a question cannot be clarified on site
- You spend the day with our kids and the team 🙂
- After the farewell and the return journey, we will of course be happy to provide you with a confirmation of your project assignment.
Apply with us
Just write an email to our team (email@example.com) and tell us a little bit about yourself, what you would like to contribute, what experience you might already have in youth work and when and for how long you would like to be at our school. Be aware that not everything can work out as you imagine it in advance – in Africa, flexibility is needed 😉
After we got to know each other and decided to volunteer with you, you are welcome to get active here in Germany – collect ideas for your time in Masaka in your circle of friends, start a charity action for „your“ kids and get to know your host parents already by mail. Then the time until your departure is not so long and you will experience how little means, but a lot of commitment, can make a big difference in Africa!